mnridder asked: Hey Girl! So I heard you juiced to loose weight? I've done it once before and I lost quite a bit of weight. I'm looking to loose 10-15 pounds. I would love to juice but i just can't stay committed. It's really hard in a college atmosphere. Any words of advice??
Hello, and thank you so much for your message.
Yes I lost 20.4 pounds between February 1st to March 8th, detoxing first from animal products and my vices for 6 days eating just fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds and drinking boatloads of water with lemon, Yerba Mate and green tea, and then juicing for full 30 days.
This is my strategies to sticking with juice fast:
- make up your mind and commit 100%
- don’t get caught without produce in your house, always have enough fruit and veggies around to juice
- if you have one - put a photo of yourself at your perfect weight on the fridge or in your wallet and look at it - reminding yourself of your goal
- when in social situations, bring your juice and drink lots of water!
- take time to rest and sleep 8 hours a night too, when your body is telling you it needs to take a nap, by all means do it if you can
- if you get too hungry during a day just drink more juice
- give yourself and your body time to adjust to juicing, it will be rough first few days, but so WORTH it once you break through the initial detox!!!
Good luck!!! And let me know if you have any additional questions.